Creating high quality and engaging content is one of the most effective ways to promote your business on the internet. The benefits are threefold. Firstly, it will put your message across to existing and prospective customers who are browsing your site. Secondly, it will help to showcase the products and/or services your business provides. Thirdly, it can help to differentiate your offering in comparison to your competitors. In fact, even by just revamping existing content you can help improve your search engine rankings and organic traffic volume.
WHAT KIND OF CONTENT CAN I ADD?
Sometimes it can be forgotten how important high-quality content is for your site. Every page should have a high level of editorial control, even when it comes to scaled content tasks, such as writing thousands of individual product descriptions.
Today, I would like to highlight which types of content you might be missing out on…
- Synopses or product descriptions – these are invaluable and really important for your customers as well as Google as they help sell your product as well as making the page more relevant. It can’t be overstated enough that high quality, in-depth and informative product descriptions WILL help to convert new users into new customers (in addition to helping to boost your rankings)
- Editorial and creative copy – There are many opportunities here, but just one would be to come up with some creative content which seeks to improve the customer experience. This could, for example, be a guide to using the product. It’s a different concept to purely writing product descriptions and making them more attractive. Other types of creative content include thought-leader interviews, high-quality photographs and how-to guides, all of which can help encourage potential customers to engage and then ultimately later down the line, convert.
- Company Blog – By regularly posting high-quality content on your company blog you can help to keep users engaged. Moreover, by writing about topics that are of interest to your users, you help to build interest, affinity and ultimately trust between you and your audience.
CONTENT – REVAMP & REPURPOSE
As you never know in advance how successful your content will be, sometimes you need to take a careful look and see what you can do to help keep users engaged. People’s interests vary with time, new trends come along and interest in certain articles can plateau. Here are a few suggestions that might help you to give your content a new spin…
- Optimise old content by rewriting it and (if appropriate) improving the layout. Make your content deeper and longer by digging into the topic. Monitor rankings before and after.
- Link your newly revamped content to your latest related posts. This will help you to improve your internal linking as well as direct users who visit your preexisting content to find newer (but related) articles.
- Turn old data-centric content into a visual asset such as an infographic and make sure that you share it through your social media channels. This approach could earn you some well-earned shares and generate some new traffic
- Transform explanatory content into video to offer your users a high-quality video experience. The number of mobile video consumers has steadily grown and according to Hubspot, video on social media generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined together.
These are just some of the different options for revamping your content.
If you need help with your site or have any further questions about how to improve your content, please contact us today.👇 Like what you read? Share what we said! 👇